Re: The state of IPSec in Debian

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 05:32:51PM +0200, debian@jherrero.org wrote:
> El jue, 24-10-2019 a las 16:27 +0200, Ralph Aichinger escribió:
> > Or am I completely wrong and should I use some other implementation?
>
> from
>
> https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#noteworthy-obsolete-packages

> | Users are encouraged to migrate to libreswan, which has broader
> | protocol compatibility and is being actively maintained upstream.

Thanks!

This could be interpreted as: Who uses these obsoleted packages
is best served with libreswan, but does this also hold for new
installations starting from scratch with buster?

I have e.g. looked at popcon stats and unless I am missing something
StrongSwan is much more popular than LibreSwan. Or did I overlook
something?

LibreSwan has some RedHat backing(?), is there some kind of pull
towards LibreSwan from StrongSwan?

/ralph
                                                              https://aisg.at
                                                   ausserirdische sind gesund