Re: [OT] replacement for SystemRescueCD

On 2019-10-24 08:47, Joe wrote:
On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 17:51:30 +1100
David <bouncingcats@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 at 15:44, Default User
<hunguponcontent@gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys, thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure what I will do yet.

Hi,
I'm sure you don't intend to offend, but in future please try
to choose words that cannot accidentally be understood
as excluding valued members of this community.

Even though in some situations "guys" is claimed to be a
gender-neutral word, I doubt that everyone thinks of themselves
as a "guy". And it will be polite to those people to not make them
choose between doing that or feeling excluded.

Oh come on, forty years ago, 'guys' was being applied indiscriminately
to males and females (there wasn't anything else then) in the USA.
Women used it when referring to groups of other women.

to be fair calling a bunch of hairy bikers "girls" might not be well received.

mick
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31