Re: Treate .sh and .bash the same way Apache2

On 10/22/2019 5:13 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:
> john doe wrote:

>>> You say "treated like" but the config you have is just for what
>>> icons are shown in file listings.
>>>
>>> Is that what's going wrong?
>>>

>> Yes, along with that if I click on a .sh file I get prompted to
>> download/open the file but if I click on a .bash file I can read the
>> file in the browser.
>
> Right, that's a completely separate thing.
>
> The config you want is something like:
>
> /etc/mime.types:
> application/x-shellscript       .sh .shar .bash
>
> and then run
>  a2enmod mime
>
> And if you haven't enabled autoindex.conf,
>
>  a2enmod autoindex

Following the line for sh in the instructed file:

text/x-sh     sh

I went for:

text/x-bash     bash

I just saw your answer, the following in
'/etc/apache2/mods-available/autoindex.conf' does it as well:

AddType text/plain .bash

Next step is to figure out how to do the same for file that don't have
an extension that I can use but they always start with the same pattern:

xxx.abc
xxx.def
xxx.ghi

Thanks for the help DSR, you got me rolling! :)

--
John Doe