Re: systemd ignoring KillUserProcesses=no

systemd-cgls shows they are running as part of gnome-terminal-server.service. I guess it explains how they are killed, but the main question remains: how do I stop such behavior?

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 11:48 AM Ansgar <ansgar@43-1.org> wrote:
Camilo Alejandro Arboleda writes:
> I'm running Debian testing with Linux 5.2, Gnome 3.34.1 and systemd 242. At
> some point the last month systemd stopped honoring the
> "KillUserProcesses=no" setting in /etc/systemd/logind.conf. Now all
> processes get killed and googling shows nothing.
>
> Not sure if it is a bug in debian, upstream, or just a new unducommented
> "feature." Any idea how to debug it?

GNOME recently moved more stuff to user services that are managed by
the `systemd --user` instance.  Maybe your processes now run there and
are stopped as part of the .service unit?

`systemd-cgls` shows the cgroups and which processes run where.

Ansgar