Re: unattended-upgrades does not install upgrades on shutdown

Le 15/10/2019 à 09:19, Yvan Masson a écrit :
Le 15/10/2019 à 08:03, Keith Bainbridge a écrit :
On 15/10/19 11:31 am, Keith Bainbridge wrote:

How to prevent a repeat is the real question. My only suggestion is extend the time-out, but how long.  Maybe run manual upgrades on one machine every day, before shutting down the others??

There was a response suggesting getting cron to run something like this:

# apt update  && # apt -dy full-upgrade

Reminded me I did that as well.

I believe the timeout in this case is never reached: computer goes off after 1 or 2 minutes, just the time for unattended-upgrades to calculate what should be upgraded. Also, unattended-upgrades download packages before the computer shuts down.

I am currently using a VM with snapshots to try to find the culprit, I will let you know.

I could not find the culprit so I reported the bug:
https://github.com/mvo5/unattended-upgrades/issues/229

Also, there is a process to get one PC to download the updates, and share that  /var/cache/apt/archives/ to your other PCs

This would be great, because bandwidth is very slow in this school. What
solution do you think of? Something like apt-cacher-ng on one host?