Re: apt --fix-broken install >> ValueError

Quoting rudu (2019-10-14 16:41:36)
> Hi debian users,
>
> In the process of upgrading my debian testing laptop today, I finally
> end up with a broken apt system.
> I can't figure out how to get out of the mess I'm in.
> I pasted a few commands and theirs results just below.
> I hope this is going to make sense for some of you and that you could
> give me some hints.
> Thank you.

> You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these.

You did as you were told, but...

[...]

> The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/bin/apt-listchanges", line 280, in <module>

...unfortunately apt cannot always automatically fix when a package
hooking into apt itself is broken.

Concretely, you can manually move aside the file
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/20listchanges and try above apt command again.

When apt is working again and you are done upgrading your system, then
most likely a newer /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/20listchanges has been installed
and you can throw away the one you had put aside.  If there is no such
file installed, then I recommend to _not_ put your file back, but
instead try "apt install --reinstall apt-listchanges" and see if that
installs a fresh configfile.

 - Jonas