Re: Appears to be a problem with Debian Stretch 9.11.0 regarding WAN non-allocation ...

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 05:05:49PM +0530, Susmita/Rajib wrote:
> To,
> The Team Laptop,
> debian-laptop@lists.debian.org,
> The Team User,
> debian-user@lists.debian.org,
> Team Bugs,
> debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org
> Debian.org
>
> My dear illustrious Team Leaders,
>
> Good morning.
>
> Yes, it appears to definitely be an issue. The following Post in
> forums.debian.net could please be referred to:
> Re: Broadcom wireless card doesn't work
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=143081&p=709041#p709041

Broadcom BCM43142 doesn't seem to be supported.

Please read:
https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi

> I have tried everything within my ability but failed. Strangely
> enough, the WAN for Knoppix 8.2.0  and even DOZE work perfectly well
> without any intervention.
>
> Is this issue with Debian only the result of a Bug?

Depending what you consider a bug. It's a bug in the reasoning of
wifi chip manufacturers. If you ask them it's a feature.

> Could you kindly check the issue please? Advise if any further
> specific input is required from my end?

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com