Re: Default Debian install harassed me

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 10:49 PM Steve McIntyre <93sam@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 06, 2019 at 09:50:54PM +0300, goleo . wrote:
> >Hi.
> >
> >After installing Debian 10 on my laptop (I choose desktop LXQT)
> >I noticed that Xarchiver is preinstalled and it was inconvenient
> >to me in the past, so I opened Synaptic to remove it. But when
> >I click on "xarchiver" and choose "Mark for Removal" or
> >"Mark for Complete Removal" it says it'll install Ark,
> >KDE 5 Frameworks and GNUSTEP.
> >
> >Here is the video proof:
> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1IoGQP1omE
>
> I don't see any harassment here. Can you explain what you think might
> be, please?
>
> --
> Steve McIntyre                                          93sam@debian.org
> Debian Community Team                             community@debian.org

This is harassment because you force me to use either
Xarchiver or Ark, you don't give me the choice to use none.
(Actually I wanted to install PeaZip which you don't provide
as a package, so why would I want to keep Xarchiver?)

All normal package managers would just remove everything
that depends on Xarchiver, not force me to install alternative.

You are a bunch of hypocrites and assholes, you are not
fighting for freedom, you just provide separate contrib and
non-free repositories just to make up illusion of fighting fighting
for freedom.

If you really fought for freedom, I would have a freedom to
just remove what I don't like (Xarchiver) and everything that
depends on it (as long as it's not an optional dependency).