Re: black screen (only mouse visible) after resume with xfce4 on kernel 5.2.0

Il 03/10/19 17:55, Mike Kupfer ha scritto:

If you're asking how to use xscreensaver specifically (e.g., instead of
Xfce's own locker (new in 4.14)), you can specify a particular locker
using the Xfce settings editor.  (Set /general/LockCommand to whatever
you want; take a look at the /usr/bin/xflock4 script for reference.)

Yes, that was indeed my question, thanks for the pointer!

Weird.  I have no idea what's going on there.  I have a VirtualBox VM
with Testing installed (VBoxVGA graphics controller), and the display
looks just fine for me.

The desktop has a Ryzen G processor, G meaning it comes with its own embedded GPU. It ran fine until before my holidays (and a bunch of updates), so far I've ruled out HW (other OS works fine), kernel version (happens with last known working version and also current kernel in testing) and desktop environment (happens with KDE and xfce4, lxqt has even worse graphic corruption issues), still have to rollback xserver and related stuff to check that.

Andrea.