Re: kernel unsigned

On 2019-10-03 12:05 +0200, Gerard ROBIN wrote:

> Hello,
> In my BULLSEYE box, when i make "apt upgrade" if a new kernel is installed
> it is a signed kernel that is installed, but on my machine it is an unsigned
> kernel that I chose to install.

Why did you do that in the first place?

> How can you force "apt" to install the unsigned kernel?
> For example:
> the kernel linux-image-5.2.0-2-amd64-unsigned is the kernel used.
> "apt upgrade" installs the kernel linux-image-5.2.0-3-amd64 (signed)

You could install linux-image-5.2.0-3-amd64-unsigned manually, but then
you lose the linux-image-amd64 metapackage and will miss automatic
upgrades to newer kernels which is probably not what you want.

What exactly bugs you about the signed kernel?  The kernel is so big
that the extra signatures hardly make a difference.

Cheers,
       Sven