Re: USB flash drive opens read only -- how to fix?

On 10/1/19 11:51 PM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
Yep. Never forget -- there's a whole computer with its own OS in
your flash drive. That "write protect" (sometimes) available as a
physical switch is just communicated to your drivers via some
protocol over USB.

I have two such drives, both old and small (128 MB). But, I have contemplated buying new drives with the write protect switch. For example:

    https://www.kanguru.com/storage-accessories/kanguru-ss3.shtml

It was my expectation that the write-protect switch is read by the flash drive controller, and that the flash drive controller will enforce read-only behavior (e.g. prohibiting writes). Do you have information indicating otherwise?

David