Re: strange error compiling kernel 4.19.0-6-amd64

John Covici wrote:

> I am doing a straight makebzImage not trying to build a deb package.
> In Debian 9, I could do this with no problem.

Obviously you are trying to build the kernel from debian source. You have to
use the original source, without the debian directory. IF there is debian
directory, it means you decided to use the Debian way.

I do not know how this code is set up, but if you download the kernel from
kernel.org, you should not be getting this message. Otherwise the link I
posted before gives a solution to the problem

Using your current Debian kernel configuration as a starting point

Alternatively, you can use the configuration from a Debian-built kernel that
you already have installed by copying the /boot/config-* file to .config
and then running make oldconfig to only answer new questions.

If you do this, ensure that you modify the configuration to set:

CONFIG_SYSTEM_TRUSTED_KEYS = ""