Re: ext4: debugfs: icheck: Input/output error while calling ext2fs_block_iterate

Sep 28, 2019, 00:50 by bouncingcats@gmail.com:

> In your situation, I would:
> 1) backup everything important ASAP.
> and (assuming your init is systemd):
> 2) read here
> https://www.linuxuprising.com/2019/05/how-to-force-fsck-filesystem.html
> 3) do something like a one-off use of
>  fsck.mode=force
> by manually adding that to your boot one time
>
> It is possible that fsck might be able to repair it,
> but I would be surprised. If you try it, let us know
> how it goes. Be sure to backup anything important
> before you try it.

> I had another thought: if you care curious about where the problem
> is, maybe you could run some read-only command that reads
> every part of your disk, and see if it gets stuck anywhere.
> For example:
> # find / -xdev -type f -exec md5sum '{}' \;

Good advice, thanks. I have a backup drive which is almost a mirror copy of the failing one, so that's why I am not very worried about it. I'm going to try to fix it in a couple of days, so let's see how it goes.

Thanks for your feedback.