Re: Debian installer pXE booting qemu for Windows

On 9/22/2019 8:26 PM, Reco wrote:
> 	Hi.
>
> On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 08:16:42PM +0200, john doe wrote:
>> Hi there Reco,
>>
>> On 9/22/2019 7:46 PM, Reco wrote:
>>> 	Hi.

>>> And it says here that you should put ldlinux.c32, libutil.c32 and
>>> probably menu.c32 in your <PATH>. pxelinux.0 is an executable, it needs
>>> libraries ☺
>>>
>>> All these files are provided by syslinux-common package, and are
>>> probably included in netinst iso.
>>>

>> Actually, I'm able to find the file with the exception of 'menu.c32'  in
>> 'debian-installer/amd64/boot-screens' from the 'netboot.tar.gz'.
>>
>> If it helps, I can get them from the above pkg instead of the archive.
>>
>> Now I'm stuck at this one:
>>
>> "Unable to locate configuration file"
>
> You probably need a directory called pxelinux.cfg in <PATH>, and a file
> called "default" in there.
>
> Something like this should get you rolling (menu.c32 is needed for this
> file to work):
>
> === cut ===
> default menu.c32
> prompt 0
> noescape 1
> allowoptions 0
>
> menu title PXE Boot Menu
>
> label d-i
>     menu label Debian Buster Installer (amd64)
>     kernel linux
>     append tasks=standard pkgsel/language-pack-patterns= pkgsel/install-language-support=false vga=788 initrd=initrd.gz priority=low
> === cut ===
>
> It's assumed that you'll put linux and initrd.gz from netinst in <PATH>

Looks like moving debian-installer/pxelinux.cfg to the root of the tftp
directory, get me to the Debian installer prompt where I can choose to
install/resque Debian.

It looks also like symlink created on Windows with the 'mklink' command
are not handle properly by Qemu's tftp.

I'll give also a shot to your above 'default' file but for now, it is
reading time! :)

Thanks again.

--
John Doe