Re: I support the founder of FreeSoftware

On 2019-09-19 at 13:40, ghe wrote:

> On 9/19/19 10:47 AM, Tom Browder wrote:
>
>> Not all agree with you. Politics and angry speech have no place on
>> this list.
>
> Please allow me to differ.
>
> In this case, I claim they do. Stallman is controversial, but he's
> one of the founders of the unix clones. I just hope he'll stay on at
> GNU. What happens with him could have a major influence on Debian.
>
> GNU's a major source of user software for Linux (futzed with a bit
> for Debian).
>
> Therefore, Debian's users' opinions are relevant here...

I understood the statement you quoted as being in reference to the
comment about "our lying idiot, bag of crap, fake President" and the
follow-up about adding "malignant narcissist" to that list of
adjectives, not about RMS in any way.

That original comment appears to have been a derailing tangent from the
original topic of the thread, and regardless of whether the thread
itself may be considered on-topic for the mailing list, that tangent
almost certainly was not.

--
   The Wanderer