Re: confused, seems to be my normal state

On Wednesday 18 September 2019 17:49:49 deloptes wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > 2 possible differences. Its not powered correctly when powered from
> > gpio pin 6=gnd, and 2=5.11 volts. A pi3b has been running that way
> > for 2+ years and the gpio is said to be 100% pi3b compatible.  Argue
> > with me on that, this rp-4 came with no docs.
>
> Yes but we are already almost two decades in the 21 century
> https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/bcm2711
>/rpi_DATA_2711_1p0_preliminary.pdf
> https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/usage/gpio/
>
> and I am sure if you have the time to write here, you also have the
> time to check the online documentation.
>
> It says that you can power it up with the pins (as before). I just
> wonder if the current you supply is sufficient. Also it says that
> powering PI via GPIO bypasses all protection.
>
> Here the complete list, if someone is wondering what is needed to
> bring RPI4B up
>
>         RPi4 (check)
>         Box Joy-IT with active cooling (not yet)
>         microSD >=4GB (64GB)
>         USB charger 3A/5V (5A-5V)
>         USB cable (USB-A to USB-C) (what for)
>         HDMI cable (HDMI-HDMI micro highspeed) (have several, all std
hdmi ends)

Add 4 port usb3 hub, 2 60GB SSD's and 2 dongles for wireless keyboard and
mouse)

That should cover it.  No heat sink, but its not doing anything, I can
touch the SOC top, hot but not dangerously so.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis