Re: Is Linux a single-user system ? was: When/how/why to use "sudo", "su" or "su -"

On Fri, 2019-09-13 at 16:56 +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Richard Owlett wrote:
> > Do you have any problem with my statement:
> > > Today Linux is being used by an individual who is the _only_
> > > user of a standalone system (e.g. laptop).
>
> What about the really big iron ?
>   "Linux Runs on All of the Top 500 Supercomputers, Again!"
>   (June 2019)
>   https://itsfoss.com/linux-runs-top-supercomputers/

Not to mention hundreds or thousands of those same mainframes that run
the descendants of OS/360 and now also run Linux, either natively or in
VMs.

As an aside: Somewhat contrary to the origina post, the Linux man page
for su may be a bit above average, but covers su pretty well, including
the use of the '-' or '-l' or '--login' options.

regards,
Tom Dial