Re: Problem enabling IOMMU with Buster and Xen

> Have you enabled SR-IOV in the bios?

   I love how the various BIOS entries have zero help even though AMI has an
empty help/description field. No, that was not enabled -- thanks! -- but even
enabling it, doing a cold/poweroff boot cycle does nothing. It still gives the
exact same error message.

> I also suspect that Xen doesnt allow to PCI passthrough host device
> right?

   I actually haven't tried that. All of the various Xen "docs"/how-tos I've
read say that each preceding step must be done or it won't work. (Based on
your input, I'll try that but I'm not hopeful.)

   At this point I've read that Xen's passthrough might not work with some
motherboard chipsets, so I'm wondering if Xen is a bit too cutting edge for
what I want to do.

   What I want to do is to run multiple secure/separated VMs on a machine. One
of those VMs will be to handle an Internet connection and firewall. Another VM
will do filesharing via NFS and Samba; another VM is to run Kodi and output
videos/TV via HDMI to a TV/monitor.

   From everything I've read, Xen is the ideal choice -- but only if I can get
it to run. :)

--
The first known legal proclamation in the history of the world is on display in
Paris, in the Louvre. It was given about 2400 B.C. by Enmetena, ruler of the