What is the location of the "depmod" program on your machine? vmware tools installation error

Hi,
I am trying to install Vmware tools in Debian 10 on Vmware workstation.
The place where I am stuck is following messages.

debian:~/vmware_tools/vmware-tools-distrib$ ls
bin  caf  doc  etc  FILES  INSTALL  installer  lib  vgauth  vmware-install.pl
debian@debian:~/vmware_tools/vmware-tools-distrib$ ./vmware-install.pl
Setup is unable to find the "depmod" program on your machine. Please make sure
it is installed. Do you want to specify the location of this program by hand?
[yes] Use of uninitialized value $gOption{"default"} in numeric eq
(==) at ./vmware-install.pl line 866.

What is the location of the "depmod" program on your
machine? Use of uninitialized value $gOption{"default"} in numeric eq
(==) at ./vmware-install.pl line 866, <STDIN> line 1.

I pressed enter here thinking it might take default value but I was wrong here.

The answer "" is invalid. It must be the complete name of a binary file.

Use of uninitialized value $gOption{"default"} in numeric eq (==) at
./vmware-install.pl line 2541, <STDIN> line 2.
What is the location of the "depmod" program on your
machine? Use of uninitialized value $gOption{"default"} in numeric eq
(==) at ./vmware-install.pl line 866, <STDIN> line 2.

What should I do to proceed from here?
Thanks