Re: xorriso as a backup &/or archival tool

Richard Owlett wrote:

> I suggest reading
> https://manpages.debian.org/buster/rsync/rsync.1.en.html
> and
> https://manpages.debian.org/buster/xorriso/xorriso.1.en.html
>
> Why is xorriso more appropriate for *MY* _stated_ immediate goal?
> [Hint: What keyword appears 5 times as frequently in later compared to
> the former?]

Recently I found some backup DVDs burned between 2002 and 2008. All of them
were Platinum. Most of the DVDs burned between 2002 and 2004 worked. Most
of the DVDs burned between 2005 and 2008 did not work.

Conclusion DVD is good for short term interim backups. Still the
availability of USB drives and USB3 makes them superior for this type of
backups.

regards