Re: Buster Installation - Partition phase - Inode option to choose - SSD or Mechanical HD

Le 26/08/2019 à 20:23, rhkramer@gmail.com a écrit :
On Monday, August 26, 2019 09:20:13 AM Greg Wooledge wrote:
The "bytes-per-inode" value ("-i" option) is the closest match to what
you described.  The man page doesn't tell us what the default value is,
but the Arch wiki says it's one inode per 16384 bytes.
<https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ext4#Bytes-per-inode_ratio>

Ahh, that's a useful figure (to me, anyway -- I'm not the OP)-- I guess if I
wanted to try to optimize, I could see what the average size of my files is (or
might be), and then adjust that ratio to match to about one inode per file.  OF
course, I'm ignoring things like directories and hard linked files.

A directory counts as a file too (uses an inode and one or more blocks).