Re: Buster Installation - Partition phase - Inode option to choose - SSD or Mechanical HD

> Hello All.
>
> Thank you for any help, advises, explanation one's can provide.
>
> When installing a Debian - Buster here.
>
> When it's time to partition/format the drive one can choose the ??usage??
> of the partition which affect the Inodes.
>
> There is :
>
> -Typical usage??? (which is ???standard??? by default)
> - "News??? (lots of inodes),
> - ???largefile??? (fewer inodes),
> - ???largefile4??? (even fewer inodes)
>
> What would be the ??best?? to choose for an SSD in an usual desktop
> environment ? What would be the ??best?? to choose for an mechanical HD in
> an usual desktop environment ?
>
> Files system is EXT4.
>
> If you have any link/url to read about an learn more to make the best
> choice for any circumstance it would be great.
>
> Regards.

I have a link/url.  I would think default 'Typical Usage' is best unless
you need to choose another option.  It's an interesting question, thanks!

https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=debian+installer+inode+largefile4