Re: Solution to "pathetic email complaints"

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 03:12:59PM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 12:58:05 -0400
> Henning Follmann <hfollmann@itcfollmann.com> wrote:

> > I also block constantcontact and mailchimp, because they are basically
> > commercial spamming services and anyone can add anyone on any mailing list.
>
> See, this just illustrates the problem with aggresive blocking. Those
> policies may work for you, but I'm involved with a small, legitimate
> organization that uses Constant Contact to communicate with our
> subscribers. Some (including me!) may feel that they are getting too
> much email, but we make good faith efforts to only subscribe those who
> want to be subscribed, and we certainly honor unsubscribe requests.
>
> Celejar

Sorry, that your message will not reach me. I am not saying that
these companies itself are bad, but their business will never
work (for me).
They are mass markters. And this also based on lack of accountability.
I ended up on their mailing list many times without agreeing to
this. Well and now I am old and anti-marketing and my wife has a
label for me : reverse snob. And my wife is always right!
So they just rubbed me one time too much the wrong way. And here
they are not welcome anymore.
And for you, how about setting up majordomo and a decent mailserver
and taking responsibility for that? I mean like real accountability.
You can be a hero.

:)

-H

--