Re: touchpad annoyance, vertscroll area clickable

bw wrote:
> It's a small thing, but very annoying.  Using synaptics driver
> (xserver-xorg-input) on stretch, kde-standard 5:92 (kde-plasma-desktop)
> I want to setup the touchpad so that the vertical scroll area on the right
> of the touchpad does not register a click when scrolling.
>
> What happens is when scrolling various html, there are clicks registered
> when picking up the finger and placing at the top again.  It's driving me
> crazy(er)...
>
> Here are the settings avaliable from synclient -l, any ideas?
> http://paste.debian.net/1096577/

Use xev to figure out what events are being sent. event_mask
mouse should be helpful.

synclient options you might try:

maxtaptime
maxtapmove
singletaptimeout
maxdoubletaptime
tapanddraggesture

and you might prefer turning off vertedgescroll and using:

circular scrolling:

circscrolltrigger and
circularscrolling

or