Re: dbus-deamon avoiding reboot after upgrade

Le lundi 19 août 2019 à 10:15 -0400, Greg Wooledge a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 11:41:33AM +0200, Bastien Durel wrote:
> > Ok, there muste have been an error somewhere ...
> >
> > root@corrin-2:~# apt-cache policy systemd-container
> > systemd-container:
> >   Installed: (none)
> >   Candidate: 241-5
> >   Version table:
> >      241-5 500
> >         500 http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian buster/main amd64
> > PackagesPackages
> > root@corrin-2:~# dpkg -S /usr/bin/systemd-nspawn
> > dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /usr/bin/systemd-nspawn
>
> Are you saying that you installed systemd-nspawn from something other
> than a Debian package, *and* you put it in the /usr/bin directory?
> That's a really poor decision -- local add-ons should be in
> /usr/local
> or in /opt.
>
> Also, it appears you were relying on various dependenent packages,
> like
> dbus, without knowing it, since the thing that was actually using
> them
> wasn't installed via the packaging system.  That's something you will
> have to track yourself.  There's no way apt can do it for you.

No, I had a problem during the jessie > strech migration, which leds to
/var/lib/dpkg corruption.
I "recovered" via a manual re-installation of all jessie deb files
found in /var/cache/apt, but some packages seems to have been missing
from dpkg index, despite beeing installed.

I found a few other files related to non-recorded jessie packages in
/usr/bin, like /usr/bin/pydoc3.4 or /usr/bin/mutt-org [1]

I re-installed some of the packages, purged some others, and I won't do
a full reinstall because I'm too lazy ;)

[1] https://paste.debian.net/1096576/

--
Bastien