Re: duckduckgo

On Sunday, August 18, 2019 01:16:59 PM nektarios wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 18:29:49 +0200
>
> steef <debian.linux@home.nl> wrote:
> > hi folks,
> >
> > last days I get some slightly disturbing info about the browser_ad
> > DuckDuckgo. some say it's malicious 'malware', others seem to be
> > happy with the popup of unwanted ads which cannot be blocked
> > permanently: and the last thing makes me suspicious. please, if it is
> > possible, an expert opinion on this ad. i am using buster and
> > seamonkey as a browser .
> >
> > thank you in advance,
> >
> > steef van duin
> > groningen
> > holland
>
> I have a similar setup as yours but am getting no popups from my browser
> (firefox) and no ad blocker at all as I m using legit sites that have
> income from ads. Why do you think the popups originate from duckduckgo?

@steef,

Are you actually getting pop-up ads, or are you just seeing search results
that might be considered advertisements as they focus on a particular company
/ product?

I don't get pop-ups, but some of the search results might be considered ads,
and, if so, I don't know what can be done about that.