Re: Shimming HTTP to HTTPS.

On Tue 13 Aug 2019 at 18:55:15 (-0700), peter@easthope.ca wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply.
>
> From: David Wright
> Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2019 19:40:04 -0500
> > You read postings on the web with a browser. When you want to reply,
> > you open a composition window and paste in the To/Cc/Subject headers
> > from the web page.
>
> Correct.
>
> > But the point is that Message-ID:s, In-Reply-To:s and References:
> > in *emails* are not URLs, but <strings>, even though their text
> > is used to mark links on the web page.
>
> OK, thanks.  For the In-Reply-To above I omitted the link string.
> Hopefully I got the right message.

Yes, the right message, and it's threaded correctly in my mailbox.
We can't be certain on the web because the month has changed.

> > Bingo. Then it looks as if all my guesses in
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2019/07/msg01343.html
> > were basically correct.
>
> Yes.  My worst error, which spoiled the References, was to omit < and >.
>
> > > https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon#Getting_Started and references
> > > there.
> >
> > I looked at that page some while back. Without seeing it in action,
> > I think I'd have difficulty in recommending any software suitable
> > for it ...
>
> It's self contained.  The entire MUA in one module.
> Nothing to add; just install and use.

I wasn't referring to the MUA that you're using in Oberon, but to the
whole Oberon System itself. From your reference, I'm assuming you're
using the Oberon Mail MUA on the Oberon System, the latter described at
https://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/wirth/ProjectOberon/UsingOberon.pdf

> > If you're typing (or pasting) the references, ...
>
> One mouse action does copy and paste.
>
> > I would just add
> > the In-Reply-To instead. That way, you can Cut/Copy the original's

> > Paste the line untouched, then edit *just* these characters:

> > which will make your message thread correctly.
>
> OK.  Will see the result with In-Reply-To only for this message.

It's fine. Don't get hung up on the Capitalisation, but just
concentrate on an unadorned <message-id-string> taken from the
post being replied to, copied into your post's in-reply-to
field and/or into the last item in your references field.

Cheers,
David.