Re: Arrow annotation in GIMP.

On Wed 14 Aug 2019 at 07:24:58 (-0700), peter@easthope.ca wrote:
> BEGIN TEDIOUS ASIDE
> For the header for this message I copied References holus-bolus and
> appended the Message-id from the Web page. I understand David's
> suggestion of including In-Repy-To rather than References but can
> afford a few extra ms for References.  In-Reply-To is the last
> parameter of References; therefore References contains all the
> information that In-Reply-To does; therefore nothing is lost by
> supplying References and not In-Reply-To.  We'll see how the header
> for this message comes out.  =8~|
>
> The case specificity of In-Reply-To rather than In-reply-to appears to
> be unnecessary but that is what the IETF chose.  So the mailing list
> software could stick to that. Putting In-reply-to on the Web pages is
> just another source of distraction and confusion.

If you want to write iN-rePLy-to, go ahead. The web pages will massage
it into the same Capitalised style however you happen to write it; it
will perform its function just as well.

Many people on this list post emails containing In-reply-to, and that
*is* the commonest alternative to In-Reply-To, as might be expected.
is the only instance of a saved email containing in-reply-to that I
happen to have a copy of, and you can see that the Debian web page
threaded it correctly.

Said email was emitted by the Atmail 6.6.0.13042 mailer, which google
seems to show is more frequently used in Australia. My email hosting
provider retired Atmail in favour of RoundCube back in 2014, or so I read.

> END TEDIOUS ASIDE

Cheers,
David.