Re: Systemd start that won't stop

On 2019-08-09 21:48 +0200, Étienne Mollier wrote:

> It seems to be pulled by "task-gnome-desktop", either by
> dependency, or mere recommendation, I don't know.  From the
> quick test I did, it appeared in the list of packages to be
> installed:
>
> 	$ sudo apt install task-gnome-desktop
>
> This looks like a component of Debian default installation from
> now on; unless I misunderstood the role of task-* packages.
> Hence the sudden rise in popularity.

Thanks.  As Greg has already pointed out, it is actually desktop-base
which recommends plymouth-label.  In the changelog I found the following
explanation:

,----
| desktop-base (10.0.1) unstable; urgency=medium
| [...]
|   [ Jonathan Carter ]
|   * Add plymouth-label as recommends (Closes: #927077)
|
|  -- Jonathan Carter <jcc@debian.org>  Thu, 04 Apr 2019 17:27:08 +0200
`----

Reading the log of bug #927077 I have my doubts that this was a good
idea, but I'm a layman when it comes to modern desktops.

Cheers,
       Sven