Re: Wireless home LAN - WiFi vs Bluetooth?

On Mi, 31 iul 19, 04:43:31, Bonno Bloksma wrote:

> >> You have several encryption algorithms, but:
> >> a) They are not equally good.
> > Of course not - they never are ;) The trick is to pick a good one, and for wifi, that's WPA2 using AES.
>
> Indeed, if one uses AES instead of PSK then it gets lots safer but now
> we ARE getting in to harder to use protocol. Not all WiFi hardware
> knows how to use WPA2 AES encryption.

PSK = Pre-shared key
AES = Advanced Encryption Standard Encryption

It's not "AES instead of PSK", but "WPA2-PSK, with AES encryption".

> >> b) You may have a hardware that lack support for a good ones.
> > I suppose, but my impression is that most hardware from the last few years is fine.
>
> All devices should know WPA2 and PSK, maybe not AES.

WPA2-PSK with AES has been my wireless configuration for several years.
The only complaints I've had were about the length of the password ;)

Kind regards,
Andrei