Re: Which resolv.conf file?

On 2019-07-31, Bob Bernstein <bob@fanatick.org> wrote:
> I want to make a change or two to resolv.conf, but every time I
> come across it I flee in terror, warned that my changes will be
> destroyed and the linux gods angered.
>
> What is the approved method for changing the list of DNS servers
> called upon by, in my case, Stretch on amd-64?

I'm unaware of who might or might not approve it, but I override the nameservers
provided through DHCP by editing the '/etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf' like this:

 supersede domain-name-servers 193.183.98.154, 104.244.72.13;

(it's possible to list several, comma-separated servers).

I'm lame enough to use Network Manager, though, so in the contrary case,
(if such is your case) maybe this ain't the way to go or proves
inoperative.

Works here, however (yep, just checked to make sure!).

--
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan