Re: 3 phase power (was Re: Wireless home LAN - WiFi vs Bluetooth?

On 30.07.19 11:34, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> Most residential power in the US is created using a single phase transformer
> (so called because (1) it only takes power from one of the 3 phases mentioned
> above and (2) darn -- it's a bitch getting old.

Tell me about it. ;-) I'd offer that (2) is simply that there's only one
primary and one secondary, not three of each, on multiple arms of the
core.

> The secondary of that
> transformer is center tapped with the center tap almost always grounded, such
> that the other two taps from the secondary both produce 120 volts (RMS
> nominal), but out of phase with each other by 180 degrees.

Those details on this thread have been interesting, because 120v is unknown
down under - and, I think, in the UK.

Erik