Re: DPMS

On 2019-07-28, davidson <davidson@freevolt.org> wrote:

> I have no experience with KDE, and very little understanding in
> general of display managers or desktop environments. So my suggestions
> are made in ignorance of whether your display manager or DE might
> somehow override the effect of the changes I suggest here.

What has or has not been set in relation to power management in the KDE
Control Center, or with the powerdevil power management daemon, is
exactly what we need to know, but it is also exactly what the OP
refrains from saying. That these settings could override others set
elsewhere using other tools seems likely enough that the absence of this
information renders the pursuit of any lower-level solution problematic.

--
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan