Re: Programming pointer? -- options to run Python3 from web page (not via Flask/cgi/Django)

On 7/25/19 11:27 PM, Carl Fink wrote:
On 7/25/19 11:23 PM, deb wrote:

On 7/25/19 6:45 PM, Carl Fink wrote:

Is there any specific reason you don't just use mod_python, to remove the overhead of a CGI script?

Lack of knowledge only.

If I can use mod_python to get that one script to run, I'd be mighty happy.

I could not find an example of that, searching around.

What do you want to do that you can't manage by extending the hello.py example right on this page?

http://modpython.org/python10/

Thank you Carl

This is the right idea for what I'm looking for.

Something just to execute a given, simple, .py file.
In my case, the baskend for a contact form.

mod_python (looks to) require pulling from github, compiling, and several steps to get into place.

It also hasn't been updated since 2013 -- so I need to look at any security-related impacts.

This answer will end up on a production server,
running other sites (including a Flask one),
so I want to go slowly into mod_python to make sure it drops in seamlessly.

Thank you!