Re: Debian 10 logrotate

Sven Joachim, on 2019-07-21:
> On 2019-07-21 02:42 +0000, Tan Shao Yi wrote:
> > May I know if something has changed recently to cause this?
>
> It is the ProtectSystem=full directive in logrotate.service which causes
> /usr to be mounted read-only for logrotate.  See the SANDBOXING section
> in systemd.exec(5).

So it was a Systemd subtlety indeed.  Never mind my previous
email Tan Shao Yi.

> You can make /usr/local writable with
> "systemctl edit logrotate.service", enter the following line:
>
> ReadWritePaths=/usr/local

The culprit was ProtectHome= on my side.  I moved data outside
/home, to clear things up since then.

Thank you for your insights Sven!
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
               5AB1 4EDF 63BB CCFF 8B54 2FA9 59DA 56FE FFF3 882D