Re: Debian 10 logrotate

Good day Tan Shao Yi,

Tan Shao Yi, on 2019-07-21:
> For example,
>
> Jul 21 00:00:01 server-name logrotate[8874]: error: error renaming /usr/local/apache/logs/https-error_log.12.gz to /usr/local/apache/logs/https-error_log.13.gz: Read-only file system

Here I would have suggested to have a look at your mount points,
see if some are actually mounted read-only (or "ro" flag), using
the following command:

	$ mount | grep '\<ro\>'

For instance I currently have:

	$ mount | grep '\<ro\>'
	tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
	                                    ^^

Except you report that:
> The files are present, and I am able to logrotate them
> manually as root when I run logrotate against the config files
> in /etc/logrotate.d--it just fails when it is run
> automatically.
so, I don't know.  It could be some subtlety with Systemd, as
once, one of my daemons crashed because of a new option
introduced in an update, and preventing access to /home.

Double check mount options on your system, it could be worth a
look anyway.

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
               5AB1 4EDF 63BB CCFF 8B54 2FA9 59DA 56FE FFF3 882D