Re: HTTP shimmed to HTTPS

*	From: Reco recoverym4n@enotuniq.net
*	Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:13:58 +0300
> For the whole Internet - *maybe* (and that's a big one) squid can do
> the job.

The story here is a different case but gives me some ideas to understand.
https://serverfault.com/questions/907490/forward-proxy-convert-http-to-https

There "http" is rewritten to "https".  In my case, URL rewriting is
not necessary; this browser specifies the correct URL.  The only
deficiency is to apply TLS.

The example also specifies a client certificate.  Except to access a site
requiring a client certificate, that configuration shouldn't be necessary.

So to my naive understanding, all that is required of squid is to apply TLS
to the communication.

> Most probably you'll need a very creative usage of ProxHTTPSProxy
> (not in Debian) or its equivalent.

What can squid fail to do?

Thanks,              ... P.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon
Tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca