Re: Buster installer on USB searches for CDROM instead of using USB drive

On 2019-07-19 20:29, TomK wrote:
In the Debian installer, on the "debian-10.0.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso"
written to USB flash drive works perfectly, up to the mount CDROM step.
There is no way to tell the installer to use the USB drive.??

Since I began using USB flash media for the installation disk, I have
always simply downloaded DVD-1.iso, used 'dd' to write it to the USB,
booted with it, and installed Debian!

I have some things I want to try, but any help would be appreciated!

I had this, booting from the USB stick and the install stalled
saying it couldn't find something but with the DVD in the drive and booting from the usb stick it carried on and installed.
Can't remember details.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31