Buster installer on USB searches for CDROM instead of using USB drive

In the Debian installer, on the "debian-10.0.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso"
written to USB flash drive works perfectly, up to the mount CDROM step.
There is no way to tell the installer to use the USB drive.

Since I began using USB flash media for the installation disk, I have
always simply downloaded DVD-1.iso, used 'dd' to write it to the USB,
booted with it, and installed Debian!

I have some things I want to try, but any help would be appreciated!