Re: USB wireless dongle not detected

On Wednesday 17 July 2019 12:11:35 Richard Hobson wrote:

> ip r  - gives no output

r=route, should be at least one address.

> ip a - too much output to transpose accurately but seems to find
> ethernet card (from MAC address given) and effectively tells me it
> isn't connected (which it isn't).
>
> Any specific information you'd like me to convey?

Are you perchance running a hosts file local net, behind a NATing router
so all your local addresses are in the isolated 192.168.xx.yy block?

Oh, cat & paste your /etc/resolv.conf too, ditto for anything in
the /etc/network/interfaces.d directory.

> ---

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis