Re: [Off-topic]

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 9:14 PM Diagonal Arg <debian.org@niwas.net> wrote:
On 7/12/19 9:57 AM, Reco wrote:

>       Hi.
>
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 08:52:57AM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
>>> To me, Bigcorp is like state (minus First Amendment).
>>
>> Businesses don't have armies.
>
> Or do they?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackwater_Worldwide

They now even have mini-states, thanks to the Kochs and the Cato Institute:

Well, they have a maxi-state too. The takeover is not yet 100% but quite close:
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States

One of the turning points was the legal precedent that corporations were separate legal entities.
After that, the people in charge of them could not be personally held legally responsible for their
actions as corporate officers. Only the paper corporation. So for example no pharmaceutical
executive will go to prison for pushing narcotics on Americans. Only the paper corp will have to pay damages,
and they will write-off their losses on their taxes. So the American taxpayer picks up their tab.
Rich men and women skate again :-)

https://www.alternet.org/2015/01/nightmare-libertarian-project-push-one-central-american-country-through-massive-privitization/

> Reco

Dave.