Re: chromebook

tomas writes:
> I think bigcorps love that, because they hate the decentralized nature
> of mail.

I don't think they care (except that they don't want one of their
competitors in control).  Government hates it, of course.  It would have
been easy to adopt anti-spam measures that would have made what you do
impossible, but it wasn't done.

> Spam pressure plus measures making the live of small mail providers
> [difficult] help centralization.

This is true.  People also seem to like centralization, unfortunately.

> This is what I call Emergent Evil. I thon't think there's a single
> person out there scheming out those things, but a corporation as a
> whole does come up with that kind of perverse behaviour.

Better "emergent evil" (I've seen the term elsewhere) than the "devil"
theory but I don't think it is useful to talk about evil at all.  They
are just people doing what works for them (even in government, the
biggest and most powerful bigcorp of all).

--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com