Re: Where'd lsb-compat go?

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 09:42:54AM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> This issue will most likely disappear once Debian releases the first
> point-release for buster (i.e. 10.1).

I had that thought, but I also had another thought:

The product may perform a version comparison using something like this
(bash syntax):

  if [[ "$version" > 8 ]]; then ...

Hilarity ensures.  (This syntax does a string comparison, not an integer
comparison, so "10" is less than "8".)

Even if this particular product doesn't have this bug, I bet something
out there will.  Similar bugs are easily achieved in most weakly-typed
scripting languages (awk, Tcl, perl, ...).  They show up all the time.
I've done it myself.