Repair Grumb

I have Stretch installed on sda1 and Buster installed on sdd1 on my 64bit Linux platform.

Unfortunately, grub on sdd1 became corrupted and the boot process fails after Buster is selected. Fortunately, the Stretch grub still boots the system. Also, I can access the Buster install on sdd1 without any problems

At this point I have downloaded the Boot Repair dist from Soourceforge -boot-repair-disk-64bit.iso and burned it to a DVD. The repair disk boots without any problems. However, I am a bit hesitant to use the repair tool. If I select sdd1 as the location for the repair in the advanced tab is there any danger of corrupting the Stretch grub on sda1?

Of course, the safest thing would be to just reinstall Buster on sdd1. I hav already backed up the files.

Comments and guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.            Life is a fuzzy set
http://www.Molecular-Modeling.net   Multivariate and stochastic