Re: Psychedelic GUI after stable update to buster

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 04:14:52 -0400
hobie@rumormillnews.com wrote:

> >> Whoa!  I tried to take screenshots so folks could see what I've
> >> been trying to describe. Shot of normal screen turns out as
> >> expected.  Shot of
> >> psychedelic screen turns out ... identical to shot of normal
> >> screen!!! In
> >> other words, what's present in graphic memory space is not the
> >> same as what's being transmitted to my display/monitor,
> >> sometimes.  Where's Rod Serling when we need him...? :)
> >>

> > What display/monitor do you use? Do you connect it using HDMI cable?
> > I remember another list user was asking same question with identical
> > symptoms sometime ago.
> >
> > --
> > With kindest regards, Alexander.
> >
> Thanks -- the brand is AOC, connected via VGA cable, there's a DVI
> port on the card but no HDMI one.  (If I plug an HDMI converter in
> via USB, would that work?)

It should, but the DVI from a computer ought to work into an HDMI
monitor, though of course it needs an adaptor plug. I've done that
before.

This sounds like a graphics driver problem, so the DVI may also be
affected, but maybe not. The colour encoding is very different from VGA.

--
Joe