Re: Repair Grumb (grub)

On 7/12/19 3:08 AM, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
Plese see responses to questions. .  .  .  .

On 07/11/2019 11:16 PM, David wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 at 05:09, Stephen P. Molnar <s.molnar@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
I have Stretch installed  on sda1 and Buster installed on sdd1 on my
64bit Linux platform.

Unfortunately, grub on sdd1 became corrupted and the boot process fails
after Buster is selected.
Everyone reading this wonders:
1) why are you hiding the most important facts in your question?
2) what exact symptoms cause you to conclude that "grub on sdd1 became
     corrupted"?
After allowing choice of Buster the boot hung with a '>' prompt.

AMD computers and complete buster update with wayland cause problems like x not starting or sometimes the user space will freeze with only background service running, input device's stop working. I don't know the fix.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Slackware 14.2 - KDE 4.14.32 - EXT4 at sda5
Registered Linux User #380263