Re: useless languages

	Hi.

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 08:37:09AM -0300, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > apt install chromium task-marathi-desktop- task-nepali-desktop- ...-
>
> Above would help if chromium was recommending task-* packages which it
> doesn't on Debian, so for Debian systems I doubt that would help here.

Try it sometime. If it's installed - it will be uninstalled.
If it's trying to install - it won't. Applies to the task* packages like
it applies to anything else.

> > Disabling installing Recommends by default also helps a great deal with
> > all those dependencies you don't want.
>
> Above may break your system in confusing to debug ways,

Rly? Recommends are called that for a reason.
If Recommend is actually needed for the correct functioning of the
package - it's a bug in a package.
Recommends are useful sometime, and it's a useful default to install
them. But it comes with the cost and the cost is a dependency bloat.

Not installing the Depends - that's a creative way to break a system
indeed. But even this has its uses.

> so if you ever do that then make sure to clearly mention it when you
> later report bugs!

Try running reportbug in this case. It tells this particular setting
every time by showing which Recommends are installed and which are not.

In short, Debian's (and derivatives') package management and bug
reporting is more flexible that you seem to think it is.

Reco