Re: Wpa_supplicant Error: No such device

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 21:02:44 -0000 (UTC)
Bert Riding <reriding@xmission.com> wrote:

> You could try using the actual device for the -i option (interface)...like
> wlan0 or, in the new notation wlp3s0, and use nl80122 as the -D
> option (driver).

iw dev or ip a report the device name to be wlx00e04c2a23c4.  This
designation never changes regardless of reboots or which USB port I
plug the wireless device into. I examined the output of dmesg and noted
that udev had reassigned wlan0 to this new name. Don't know why.  And it
does work when scanning or finding device info or bringing device up or
down.  But I initially tried wlan0 anyway.  Got "No such
device . . ." etc.

I tried using -D nl80211 (did you transpose digits?) and not using it.
wpa_supplicant failed with the same error noted below.  Also, tried
wext. Ditto.

Haven't tried wlp3s0, but haven't found ANY reference to that name
on the system regardless of which command I use to show network devices.

Thanks for your input.