Re: please stop breaking threads (was: Problem Installing DiscoveryStudio2019 in Buster

On Ma, 09 iul 19, 16:53:40, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

> On 9 de julho de 2019 11:36, bw wrote:
> > I would subscribe, but there is a lot of (pointless) mail and I have
> > limited bandwidth.  Until broadband is lower than my electric bill I am stuck with
> > 500MB per month.
>
> Any decent mail client should be able to download only metadata for
> messages (subject, etc), which is minimal amounts of data, and only
> fetching the actual bodies of the ones you want.

That sounds very much like IMAP, which I'm using as well with
imapfilter, neomutt and a GMX account dedicated to receiving list e-mail
only (virtually spam-free, knock on wood).

Gmail also offers IMAP, but their... unique implementation requires
special handling in neo/mutt.

Kind regards,
Andrei