Re: Libreoffice menu font sizes

songbird:
> Siard wrote:
> > Paul Sutton:
> > > [Menu fonts in Libreoffice 6.x]
> > > [....]  I can't find the scaling option.
> >
> > LibreOffice 6 is a gtk3 application. It appears to be following the
> > gtk3 settings now.
> > You can set the menu font and font size of all gtk3 applications,
> > including LibreOffice, in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini.
> > Create this file if it does not exist.
> >
> > Mine contains this:
> >
> > [Settings]
> > gtk-font-name = Liberation Sans 11
> >
> > Note that the '[Settings]' line preceding gtk-font-name is
> > mandatory.
>
>   thank you for this, but it doesn't seem to accomplish anything
> in the MATE desktop (in debian testing).  not sure it can?

I use Openbox, which does not affect these settings.
MATE is a desktop that overrules them and uses its own.

So in testing (called 'Bullseye' since a few days) I did manage to set
the LibreOffice 6.x menu font and font size in MATE.

System > Preferences > Look and Feel > Appearance > tab 'Fonts'.
Set the 'Application font' to the desired font and size.

> unfortunately this change to the office suite to remove the scaling
> ability makes it pretty hard to use the menus of the applications.
> luckily i don't need them that often, but it has been annoying me
> since they changed it.

Note that the settings mentioned here not only affect the menu font of
LibreOffice, but all other gtk3 applications as well (Evince and
Liferea, for example), who get exactly the same menu fonts. So in fact
I do not see any need for that 'scaling' option.